The Proform Carbon El is an amazing piece of equipment. It offers so much more than an average elliptical trainer.
Fitness trainers do not only get to enjoy low-impact, high-intensity exercises but have a wide range of features to benefit from.
The Proform Carbon El elliptical is a compact, front-drive trainer for both commercial and home gyms.
Its interactive display takes away boredom from workouts by engaging trainers with an amazing picturesque view of places around the world.
Proform Carbon EL Elliptical Review
Proform Carbon EL Features
Build & Design
The Proform Carbon El elliptical comes in a compact design with all necessary elliptical features. Without further delay, let’s dig into the detailed overview of this elliptical.
The flywheel acts as the powerhouse of the elliptical. Its front-drive design system causes motion on the foot pedals and handlebars. The weight of the flywheel plays a crucial part in the smooth and quiet running of the machine.
Proform Carbon El elliptical trainer comes with a 15-pounds inertia-enhanced flywheel located on the front of the machine. It is this front-drive design system that gives it a smooth, quiet operation. Meanwhile, the next up elliptical in the ProForm family is the Carbon EX brings with it a slightly larger flywheel.
Proform ellipticals have a reputation for providing low-impact, high-intensity, full-body workouts. While the oversized pedals focus on working the lower body, the motion handlebars give the upper body muscles a good workout.
Proform Carbon El elliptical has two sets of handlebars — fixed and movable handlebars. The handlebars also have an EKG Grip Pulse Heart Rate Sensor that helps monitor and track the user’s heart rate and pulse.
To simulate humans’ natural walking and running motion, ellipticals come in different stride lengths. Most of these ellipticals come with fixed stride ratings. However, there are some that offer adjustable stride distance features.
The Proform Carbon El comes with a 19″ adjustable stride length. This means users can adjust stride length to the distance that’s best for them. This makes it an excellent choice for families of different heights.
The Proform Carbon El falls into the compact design category of ellipticals. This space-saving fitness machine comes in dimensions of 68.5x25x67.75 inches (LxWxH).
With a weight of 202 pounds and front-rolling transport wheels, this Proform model can fit into apartment spaces and also allow for easy relocation.
The Proform Carbon El comes with a 30-day iFit Family Membership. This takes away the stress of manually tracking workout stats. iFit lets users monitor, track, and use these starts for future routines on its own tablet. All of which is done automatically.
The SmartAdjust feature also allows trainers to take control of their workout intensity by having the machine automatically adjust resistance levels to match the workout pace.
The EKG Grip Pulse Heart Rate Sensor automatically monitors and tracks the user’s heart and pulse rate on the iFit workout app. It sends the information to the LCD screen to notify trainers about their workout progress.
Proform Carbon El does not come with any preset workout videos/programs, but it makes up for it with the iFit-enabled live trainer feature. This means users can easily access iFit workouts to target different muscle groups.
Trainers can get a wide range of on-elliptical and off-elliptical iFit program routines with an active subscription.
This Proform model with a 15-pound, high-speed, inertia-enhanced flywheel. With this drive system, the machine works smoothly and quietly during workouts. It makes for an excellent home gym elliptical.
Proform Carbon EL Specifications
|Display||5” High-Contrast Multi-Color Display|
|Sensors||EKG Grip Pulse Heart Rate Sensor|
|Resistance Mechanism||SMR Silent Magnetic Resistance|
|Resistance Level||18 levels|
|Incline Systems||5 Incline positions|
Range angle 0 to 20 degrees
|Workout Programs||30-Day iFIT Family Membership|
|Dimensions||Height – 67.75 inches|
Length – 68.5 inches
Width – 25 inches
Maximum stride length -19 inches
|Elliptical weight||202 lbs|
|User Weight Capacity||300 lbs|
|Extra Features||15 Lb. Inertia-Enhanced Flywheel|
QuickSpeed Buttons for Resistance Adjustments
Oversized Cushion Pedals
Water Bottle Holder
Front-Mounted Transport Wheels
Audio Auxiliary Port with Dual 2 Bluetooth Speakers
Integrated tablet holder
ProForm PFEL55920 Carbon EL Elliptical
BEST ELLIPTICAL FOR HOME WORKOUT
- EKG Grip Pulse Heart Rate Sensor.
- 15 Lb. Inertia-Enhanced Flywheel for silent performance.
- 20-degree Adjustable Ramp with 5 Positions and 19″ Adjustable Stride Length.
- 18 Digital Resistance Levels for intensive home workout.
iFIT Traning Program
18 Level Up
- Stay connected with iFit and get expert workout routines
- Powered with a silent magnetic resistance mechanism, it comes with 18 levels of resistance
- Incline can be adjusted to 5 positions with a maximum incline angle of 20°
- 5" High Contrast display allows monitor workout performance and enjoys travel the globe app experience
- EKG Pulse Heart Rate Sensor monitors heart rate and pulse during workout
- The incline is not power controlled by manual
- iFit subscription is needed after the expiration of the 30-day iFit membership
- Keep all parts of the elliptical in an open, cleared area for easy identification of parts
- Begin by attaching and securing the rear stabilizer to the elliptical frame
- Repeat for the front stabilizer and secure with the right screws
- Position and secure the right roller arm to the right crank arm
- Position and also secure the left roller arm to the left crank arm
- Attach the Upright to the elliptical frame with four screws
- Route the wire tie through the Upright
- Select the right upper body leg and attach it to the right side of the frame
- Select the left upper body leg and also attach it to the left side of the frame with appropriate screws
- Identify and insert the right pedal arm into the right upper body leg. Attach these to the right roller arm
- Repeat steps for the left pedal arm
- Place the right arm axle into the right upper body leg. Insert this connection fasten with screws into the right pedal arm
- Repeat same for the left arm axle
- Connect the routed wire to the console
- Attach wired console to the Upright
- Attach the bottle holder to the frame
- When all screws and connections are secure, turn on the console
- Activate iFit by visiting their website
Proform Carbon El fitness trainer comes with a 10-year structural frame warranty. It also comes with a 1-year parts and labor warranty.
1. How do you use a ProForm elliptical carbon el?
Start by turning on the machine. Then proceed to select the preferred resistance level and incline. To prevent muscle fatigue, perform routine workouts at reasonable intervals.
2. How do I reset my ProForm carbon El elliptical?
With the console turned off, locate the tiny reset opening on the side or back of the console. Use a pin or paperclip to push down and hold the button for a few seconds.
While still pressing down on the reset button, put on the console and release the reset button when the console is turned on.
3. Does ProForm carbon EL have an incline?
Yes, the Proform Carbon El comes with a 20° incline. In addition, it allows users to adjust the incline in 5 positions. This offers a wider range of workout intensity to fitness trainers.
ProForm Carbon El is one of the best compact, budget-friendly elliptical machines on the market. This Proform Carbon El elliptical review shows it comes packed with smart features to give users an amazing workout experience.
Its 15-pounds flywheel ensures a smooth workout experience and offers users 18 resistance levels. Coupled with its 20° and 5 adjustable incline positions, fitness trainers can experience varied exercise intensities and fitness goals.